i know bloody is a bad word. but i live in america, not england, so i'm hoping i do not offend. bill and i like to quote the title of this post, a line from the movie "patriot games" (which gave me an ulcer the first time i saw it). it is among my repertoire of things i can say with an accent. here is the complete list:
"bloody proud of yourself, aren't ya?" (irish)
"no...not" (british) mark darcy at the end of bridget jones diary
"craig ferguson" (scottish)
i know, the list is neither extensive nor impressive. but it's all i got. clearly, accents are not my thing. but i digress. this post is about how bloody proud of myself i am that i pulled off what i consider to be a perfectly good april fool's joke on my kids. and what i mean by perfectly good is that it requires little money and little effort. here's what i did...i filled their lunch bags with lulu's fake food. a plastic pizza slice, fabric carrots, strawberries, cake and ice cream. i even gave jack a little doll bottle. then i added a little note that says "get hot lunch. april fool's!"
such little effort, but i can't stop smiling about it. i'll be smiling until they choose to retaliate when they get home. i better hide the saran wrap. it's a pretty good april fool's day. we are laughing around here...
for now.

11 comments:
OOHH! That is so good! I will have to remember that one for next year. I would love to see their faces when they open their lunchboxes :)
Blessings,
Amy
that is hilarous..kj
For the first time ever I really, really wish that I had lunchroom duty. I want to see their faces when they unpack!
so FUNNY! and the bloody part too! As I am an American living in England and we use bloody as a joke like you.... until my son how has been here since 7 said it.... not a joke anymore!! or until we move!:)
"Happy Fool Joke Day" as my 5 year old has been calling it.
I LOVE it! I just wish you would have posted about it last night so I could have copied you!!! I seriously thought about you last night because I was trying to come up with something to do to my kids today. I had remembered that you did such a good job of celebrating April 1st in years past...way to go!
Love, love, love your April Fools joke on the kids!! What a great idea and I bet they were thinking, "What the bloody heck?" HA!! Good job mom!!
You have an adorable puppy dog and I have to admit, you're dog shares his taste for poop with our dog. I've had dogs my whole life and this Beagle of ours is the first I've seen eat poop.
Oh well, less to pick up right...
that is so funny! I would have loved to see their faces:-))
Hahahaha...LOVE IT!
hehehe!!
I moved my six year old's snack from her lunch box to her backpack (she doesn't have lunch at school) and replaced it with a jar of baby food bananas, a baby spoon, and a bib.. and underneath it all, a note that said "haha, april fools! your real snack is in your backpack!"! :O)
LOVE this!!! hahaha!!! :D
It was a genius trick. Loved it! And I especially loved that I got to see you. :)
Post a Comment