Bad news: I am sick again.
Good news: If there are any migrant germs out there, they can be sure to find a home with me. I'm just that giving.
Good news: Lulu is walking. She hasn't given crawling up completely, but she is definitely walking more than she is crawling and so proud of herself...
Good news: My new favorite song is getting a lot of air time. It's Soul Sister by Train, featured first on my playlist. I told Bill if he ever wrote a song for me, this is what I would want it to be like, catchy and quirky, with references to the 80's.
Bad news: Jack knows all the words to it. It can be a bit disturbing to hear the line "Like a virgin, you're Madonna" coming out of my 7 year old's mouth. Maybe he thinks it's a Christmas song.:)
Good news: I found this blush and I really like it...
Bad news: It does not remove the brown age spots on my left cheek. (Not that my expectations of my make-up are unusually high or anything.)Bad news: My Mommy's body doesn't seem to be handling her second round of chemo as well as the first. She needed a blood transfusion last week and I have a feeling it won't be the last.
Good news: I saw her three times in the past week to provide her with her Lulu Therapy...
I guess that's about all the news for now. Being sick on Sunday means...
Bad news: I am missing Church.
Good news: I have a completely quiet house. I think I'm going to go enjoy it by resuming my horizontal position on the couch.

15 comments:
You are in my prayers.
Fun good news!
Get some rest and recharge that immune system of yours today.
Praying for your mom.
I really like the song and am smiling at the sweet pictures of Lulu walking. A few tears seeing her providing therapy for her grandma. Peace.
Hope you are on the mend!
That makeup sure looks fun! I, too, have those awful age spots. Ugh! I heard you can either use cream or get expensive laser surgery done. I haven't tried either. Bummer!
I hope you feel better soon! Hang in there... thanks for the tip about the cool blush...you make me laugh when you talk about your age spots and wrinkles (loved it when you posted about using photoshop to get rid of wrinkles!) - I love bloggers that are not 20 something :)
I stumbled upon your blog today and wanted to leave my first ever comment! I too have 3 biological children and my husband and I have started the process of adopting in Ethiopia. We are both from Nebraska (so I love your 'Go Big Red' references). We live in Des Moines now, but all our family is still in Nebraska. Thanks so much for sharing your story!
you are such a good blog writer..always so witty!! :) praying for your momma...and yes, my girly is growing up WAY too fast..she is such a toddler now:( kj
Good News: Your blog STILL cracks me up and is a bright spot in my blogland. I LOVE you!
Bad News: If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. Sorry you're sick!There can't BE any germs you haven't met!
Earlier tonight I was listening to Caitie singing in the bathroom: "Hey, Soul Sister, is that Mr. Mister on the radio." (or lyrics close to that). And I thought, she has no earthly idea what she is singing about! I think I'll ask her to explain it to me. ;)
Shoot. I can't hear the song at work. Also - sick? Seriously Missy, you need to cut it out. But it's kind of almost worth it to have a quiet house to yourself, huh?
My spots are on my left cheek too. What's up with that?
Saw Bill walk in with all the kids yesterday & wondered how you were...praying you're over being sick soon!
And, praying for Gunga. SO, so thankful that baby Luci can provide much needed love therapy for her! (& you!!)
We're going with mom today to learn results of additional tests. Praying that it's as good of news as possible.
Love ya!
Sheri
Love the song! :) And Lulu's Africa shirt. Where'd you get the shirt?
Hi Missy. I just wanted you to know that I have brown sun spots but mine are on my forehead and on my upper lip. There is nothing worse than looking like you have a mustache after being in the sun too long. If you find make-up that covers the spots please let me know!
Heather (O) Sines
Hope all is better soon! Love the pictures, the one with grandma is precious! I LOVE Lulu's Africa shirt...where did you get it?
Missed you Sunday! Finally getting started. Can't wait to tell you about it!
Post a Comment