Tuesday, March 30, 2010

There are two sides to every story

My last post was about how sad I was that spring break was over. And about how much I would miss "The Others" while they were back in school. And those things are not untrue. But, I also have been enjoying the past two days.

It has been fun to have the time to focus on Lulu. We have been enjoying the beautiful weather...
Even enjoying a little picnic...
"more"


"please"


"yummy"

As much as I love one on one time with her, I fell asleep last night at 9pm. I'm thinking it was from being back on Lulu Patrol on my own. I know there is just one of her, but the job of protecting her from the imminent dangers of daily life tends to wear me out.


I also enjoyed a trip to Sam's Club with just one child in tow. She didn't ask for Sun Chips or Propel or gum or honey buns. (Last time I had "help" at the store with me, we totaled up how much it cost me to have this helper along. $14. I realize it wouldn't have cost me any more had I said "no" to my helpers requests. I'm a work in progress.) Neither did Lulu fight with anyone at the store. Of course, she also couldn't help carry in the groceries but she was a delightful companion nonetheless.

Of course, I have three baskets full of laundry to fold, a Bible calling to me and ministry responsibilities that have long been neglected. But I'll take it one step at a time.

And the next step is to enjoy the fact that it is 11:58 and I am blogging. 11:58 AM, not PM, that is. I dig that.

7 comments:

JonesEthiopia said...

great pictures. We do signing with our girls, too.

I know what you mean about the other stuff!!

The B Family said...

Lulu is just adorable! Love the little pony poofs and headband! And smart too--that sign language is impressive!

Anonymous said...

The picnic is so fun! We are enjoying warmer weather too. Havi is great at signing, but has learned that unless I'm looking at her- not so effective. Something that is effective.... the high-pitched, shrill scream... it means "more" "please" and "MOM" in just one easy noise : )

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Awwww....she is sooo cute!

Amy said...

Luci doing sign language....ADORABLE!

The Hull's at #4 said...

I love LuLu's sweet "more" sign, those sweet little fingers meeting...Finny's is his fist baming into his palm...we're working on it...

Kim said...

emory has started to refuse signing anything. i ask her more? and she gets FURIOUS with me and screams and cries. not sure what's up with that. such a temper all of a sudden. oh and sam's with just the baby? heaven! not that i'm ready for camryn to go to school next year, but i do see the benfits!