Wednesday, October 14, 2009

It's good to get good news

We just found out that we received a grant from the Show Hope Foundation for some of our adoption expenses. This was exciting news since things have been a little bit tight since completing our adoption. It was also fun news because 6 years ago when adoption was first born in my heart as a desire, I had this crazy dream. I dreamed that Steven Curtis Chapman called me up and said "You are supposed to adopt, Missy, and I want to pay for your adoption." I didn't even know he had a foundation at that time. I just knew his family had a heart for adoption.

Turns out that dream wasn't so crazy after all.

In other good news, we have slowly been re-introducing the items quarantined due to lice. I've taken my sweet time in doing it, because I want to be good and sure those things are dead and gone. One thing I learned through our lice experience is that matching bedding is over-rated. But it was fun to give our kids back their comforters and such and see how excited they were. Jack kept saying over and over, "My bed covering. My bed covering...". And here is Emmie receiving her throw pillows for her bed...
Look at that big smile. It reminded me that doing without is one of the greatest stimulants to thankfulness. Jack never indicated a fondness for his "bed covering" until it was gone for several months. I hope I remember this lesson.

And there's even more good news. I got a Nikon D40 for Christmas last year. I thought if I had a digital SLR, I would magically become a world-class photographer. It turns out there's a little bit more to it than that. But, I loved having it. Then one day last spring it stopped working. At least it stopped working for me. It would not shoot in automatic, only in manual. Which means, you have to know what you are doing with the camera in order to take decent pictures. That did not bode well for me. You may have noticed several of my pictures being blurry or having shadows. This would be because I need AUTOMATIC, NOT MANUAL. I'm a youngest child...I want an automatic, not manual, setting for everything in my life!

Life was so busy and I kept forgetting to check into it. I was pretty sure I was going to have to send it away for many months to be fixed. Instead today, I called Tech Support, made a new best friend in Enrique and voila...my automatic setting has returned! I can now resume my quest to being a clueless, yet world-class photographer!

I wanted to take pictures right away, but my usual suspect was napping. So I took pictures of my Tater who was home sick today. Poor guy. It's bad enough not to feel well, but to have to endure a photo shoot as well...
He looks miserable, but not blurry!

Thanks so much for your sweet comments about my Mom. It's so fun to have real life and bloggy friends along for the ride, for the good news and the bad.

5 comments:

Mindee said...

Yay for your camera! I love it when there is an easy fix.

Hope Tate is better.

Our Family said...

Praying for your mom. I love my Mommy too and this reminds me to always show her that. Your Lulu gives me such hope of getting a referral soon. I know if we lived closer we would be friends with all of our similarities (family picture, kids' ages, adoption, etc). Glad to hear that God is pouring out His love to you right now.

asian~treasures said...

Hooray for happy news!

Sheri

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Yep, losing items that we take for granted will make you smile! Hey, last time we got a grant from Show Hope- it was awesome :) Great way to help others out. Glad your camera is fixed...even if your poor boy had to suffer.

Eryn said...

YAY!

I show hope! They have played a big part of our journey, encouraging us along the way. It was crazy, I had JUST applied to them about a week before our auction, and then I had to call and withdraw our application because we got all of our money from the surprise auction! They laughed, and said, "wow, we NEVER get that call!" it was kind of funny. LOVE them! Yay for you guys! that is awesomE.