For those of you who have read my blog in the past, I feel the need to catch you up on a few things.
First, I lied. It isn't easy being green. Yes I have all sorts of cute bags to keep me from using plastic at the grocery store. But do I EVER remember to take them to the store with me? NO! They sit in my garage, still cute but not serving their intended purpose. I just needed to clear my conscience on that one.
Secondly, you may remember the issue of the spoons. Here's what went down: I marched into the school with my head held high and 21 spoons (and one fork) in my purse. I wasn't even that humiliated as I fessed up to several people there, including the principal. Her comment was, "So that's where they've all been going. We thought kids were throwing them away." But here's the kicker...I miss them. We eat a lot of cereal and yogurt and ice cream around here and those little guys were coming in handy. No one said obeying the law was easy.
I don't really have a thirdly, but I think it seems awkward to only have two things, so I need to make one up real quick. I had an "aha" moment today. It hit me that it really doesn't work to rountinely sleep in until 8am and then help 3 kids get out of the door for school by 8:40am. We've been making it work, but it really isn't the best situation for minimizing chaos. I know I'm a little slow that this is just now hitting me, but you just have to know that I'm not a "jump out of bed" kind of person. That and I've been staying up late blogging. I'm pretty sure if you are reading this, you understand that. So right here and now I am choosing to wake up earlier, for the good of my family...tomorrow I'll start with 7:45am. No need to go to extremes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
OK - you SERIOUSLY don't leave until 8:40? What time do you get home in the afternoon? I wake the kids up at 6:30 and we're out of the house by 7:40.
I am with you on the languishing grocery sacks. Good intentions pave the road to where?
Um, I hate to break this to you, but next year . . .Tate will have to be out of the house by 7:45.
i'm so glad to hear i'm not the only mom 'bookin' out the door cause yet again i hit the alarm too many times hence a trafy 1st grader ! :). oh and i hear ya on the whole like goin green thing, we've got a few bags that have remained empty! 'A' for effort right?
kala
Missy, I have not ventured out into the world of reusable bags so I haven't quite dealt with the frustration of forgetting them yet, but will be soon. So, my question is, can you leave the bags in your van? This way they will always be with you when traveling to the store. I realize this may sound easier to do than reality. Also, one last question? Will you be free this weekend at all? I"m coming to town and would love to see you. :)
Post a Comment