Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My Christmas wish list

1) I have wanted these slippers from Anthropologie for months...

But there are two problems. First, $68 for a pair of slippers? That would chap Bill's hide. Second, don't you hate when you see this little message We're sorry. This product is no longer available. I guess the second problem actually took care of the first.

2) My blender stinks. My kids love smoothies. I have no food processor. So I wondered about one of these...

Your thoughts? (Don't even feel like you need to mention a Vita-Mix. It's not a-happenin'.)

3) I can be quite assured that I will not be getting these for Christmas...



But I do fancy them.

4) This is so not in the Christmas gift category, but I have long had a love affair with this...
I can just see myself cuddling with my hub or reading a book with one of the kids. It calls to me. And do you know what it says "Keep dreaming, Miss."

5) But one thing is not a dream, I know for sure that I am going here in January...
for the Created for Care conference with my dear friend Christine. I told Bill when we signed up that it could be my Christmas gift. So the above this isn't really a list at all. This is my real Christmas wish list...

1) More patience (courtesy of the Holy Spirit).

2) Peace (also found in that Holy Spirit aisle)

3) Jiggle-less thighs (available at my YMCA. Availability subject to effort)

4) Exchanging a harsh word that stirs up anger for a gentle answer that turns away wrath (from Proverbs 15:1.)

5) More lonely set in families. More hungry fed. More hurting hearts healed. (Job openings. No application needed. Start immediately.)

6) Grace for each day as it can sometimes feel that I am limping along spiritually or emotionally (and even physically if I am going to aforementioned YMCA). So glad that this wish will never be met with a We're sorry. This product is no longer available. Thanks to Jesus. Thanks to Christmas.







4 comments:

Deena said...

Looks like a perfect list! I am going to the March retreat...wish I could have met up with you in January!
My kids love smoothies too, and I got a great blender thing (sort of like the Magic Bullet) at Kohls -not expensive either. It works great. The brand is "Bella." They can make individual smoothies with it. Hope you enjoy the next week or so! :)

Kendra said...

#1 i've been wanting a Ninja too and today was my lucky day. Target had something else on sale that was already sold out so they substituted the Ninja instead!! I bought it for my hubby (even though secretly--or not so) it will be for me!

#2 i am REALLY disappointed that you will be at C4C in January and not March (i'm meeting up with Deena, finally:0). it will be GREAT!!

The B Family said...

Cute slippers, cuter boots, dreamy chair. Two people have sung praises about their Ninjas to me in the past couple of weeks--I'm not sure what the fuss is about but I can say it was recommended to me.
So glad Santa is bringing you #5! Looking forward to seeing you there!

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

I too would like a chaise lounge and picture the comfy hours spent there. The reality, I fear, is that it would just become another spot for unfolded laundry