Good news: I woke up on time and made the kids a decent breakfast.
Bad news: I almost made Tate late trying to get "just one more picture". Even so, this was the best I got...
Darn braces. The next picture wasn't the braces fault. It was the "I'm annoyed with you" look...
I deserved that one since I was genuinely being annoying, potentially making him late for school and all.
Good news: The "middles" had coordinating outfits thanks to Jack wearing his Cub Scout uniform to help with the Pledge of Allegiance at the opening ceremony...
Bad news: Despite how everyone loves a man in uniform, Jack changed out of his as soon as the pledge was over. But he still looked adorable (and still coordinated, thank you very much)...
Good news: Getting back into the routine of the school year is good for us. And the kids love being reunited with friends...
Bad news: Transitioning to the routine of the school year might be good for us, but it's hard on us. We are all tired. Each year I think I am going to gradually transition to getting to bed earlier to prepare for the school year and each year that plan is an epic fail. The whole thinking ahead thing is not so much my gig. Beyond fatigue, we all have varying degrees of back to school blues. I am always in a funk as school starts back up. The house is eerily quiet and feels achingly empty. Thankfully, there is this little sunshine around...
But if you think I was down, you should have seen sweet cranky, clingy Miss Lu adjusting to the reality of her big kids being gone. She said, "I was sad when my kids went to school (prounounced "cool"). That's my 'cool. I want to go to 'cool." Don't go there, baby. Momma can't handle that thought. Not today.
Love you guys...
Miss you guys.

5 comments:
I feel for you friend...we'll be there in a couple of weeks. And your kiddos are abs. precious!! :0) maybe you should come over for a coffee!!
Awww....that must be hard....
i had like a one hour dream about you last night. in dream speak, thats a loooong one. you were sitting like 3 people down from me at a table and i was so excited when i recognized you and so excited to talk to you IN PERSON ... it was a good dream- i also landed a 757 when the pilot quit and got stuck in disney land food court for several days...
Yep...sad days. I've discovered the true downside of toddler adoptoin: they go to school MUCH sooner than you think they should. : )
This mommy has had 2 days too many of a very quiet house!! And, this is just the beginning...
beautiful family
Post a Comment