Her vocabulary is budding. She has had down all the family members since before her 1st birthday. "Tate" and "Jack" used to both be "Da", but she said Jack's more robustly and that's how we could tell the difference. Fitting, isn't it? They are distinctly different now and she also says her name, Lulu, which comes out "LaLa" with her tongue sticking out.
Other words include "Hi" and "Hello", spoken every time she sees someone when we are out and each time she gets her little hands on a phone. Or anything remotely resembling a phone. On the other side of salutations, she also says "Bye Bye" ("BuhBuh") while vigorously waving. Usually followed (when she's feelin' the love) by blowing a kiss.
She also says "No No" (usually in response to Ruby's wagging tail in her face). It's so sweet and innocent when she says it now. Somehow, I think that could change in the future. Here is a quick video of her nodding "yes" and shake her head "no" with her own Lulu style...
Speaking of "Let your 'Yes' be 'Yes" and your 'No' be 'No'",I know I have the INCREDIBLE Bible teaching in our nursery at church to thank for the fact that she says Bible ("BaBuh") since they sing every week "Oh I love to pat the Bible" and have each baby pat a Bible. Our curriculum for the babies is one of my favorite things about our church. Here is Lulu patting the "BaBuh"...
Almost identical to Bible are what she calls Ruby ("BaBa") and belly button ("Baba" also). I, of course, can tell the difference because I am her mother. And because she is either pointing to the dog or her belly button. I'm observant like that.
Her vocab also includes the important baby words of uh oh and peekaboo. Both of which she used to just say half of the phrase ("uh" and "puhk" respectively), but now she's at 100% with them. Just like her grade average will be in school. (Oh, I kid.)
She likes to tote around a strange sort of security object, a bottle of vinegar...
One of my favorite things she has started doing is coming to me with a book and backing up to sit in my lap. I love it when they do that! I never tire of reading "Maybe my Baby" or "A, You're Adorable"(Sung so adorably here) or "Baby Cakes" or "Whose Toes Are Those" or anything by Sandra Boynton. And neither does she...
Like my coffee mug, for example...
Despite letting such things happen from time to time, unfortunately I am the quintessential helicopter mom. With her walking (which is closer to running these days) and the warm weather, we now have all the perils of the outdoors to face (cars, concrete, stinging bugs, UV rays, doggie doo) which keeps me nervously hovering around her. That is in addition to the hazards lurking within the house. Hazards such as crashing through the baby gate and down the stairs. When that happened, I held her and comforted her and then did the only sane thing a mother would do. I gave her chocolate...
She is still as sweet as ever, but her spunk is coming out more and more as time goes on...
Though there are a lot of new things she is doing, one thing has not changed. When she looks up at me like this...
I melt.

12 comments:
She is just so cute!
She is so beautiful! Love the updates.
Blessings,
Amy
I'm typing from my own puddle! She is SO cute! I know want to thank you for sharing, I feel so much better knowing someone else gives guilt chocolate...
you are a true artist. I love your blogging. And I miss you a lot. Your daughter(s) are adorable. Loved everybit of reading that post.
She is so sweet. I always enjoy your funny updates! Thanks for making me smile - keep enjoying every single milestone of hers!
I too love it when they back up into your lap to read a book!!!! She is soo stinking cute! LOVE IT :)
She is darling!
I so want another girl just to put those big bows in her hair!!
oh, love it, kj
Beautiful :)
LOL - looks like she was more interested in her cracker!!!
there never is a dull moment when there's kids (and especially babies around)
Cherish every little minute with her!!! Although now I wish that the time will SPEED UP so Ican be on my way home to my kids!!!
It is so good to see that in her advanced home schooled Bible training that she is learning to "taste and see that the Lord is good!" By the way, the next time you decide to videotape her when she'd rather be eating in peace, have her say, "Ayeah."
Adorable! Regarding eating the Bible...it does tell us to "Taste and see that the Lord is good." ;)
Post a Comment