Friday, May 15, 2009

I've had a few days to recover. There is no longer an ache in my heart for "what could have been". I refer, of course, to Danny Gokey's untimely departure from American Idol. I was prepared for it, though that didn't keep me from crying. Yes, there were a few real tears shed. I know I should be embarrassed that I cried about American Idol. My youngest two were laughing at me. Thanks a lot, guys. But Tate, the sensitive type, offered to buy me Danny's CD when it comes out.

We're all glad Kris is in the Finale, though. Emmie was jumping up and down screaming. I appreciate his humility. No need to follow Simon's advice to be cocky like him. Even if we didn't adore his voice and his spin on every song he sings, I always love an underdog.

I'm feeling like I am in an unhealthy relationship with American Idol. Does anyone else feel like there is some serious manipulation going on? Last year there was Simon's claim that David Archuleta had a "knock out" of David Cook in last years Finale, when it a) that was not at all true and b) it seemed more like a ploy to inspire Cook fans and Archie-haters to vote for Cook.

Now this year, we've got the judges drooling over Adam Lame-bert. I know he's really not lame, but it just makes me feel better to say it. If he really is a "rock god", won't we figure that out for ourselves? We don't need "experts" to tell us who to vote for. And we certainly don't need Katy Perry wearing it in rhinestones (Puh-leaze!). If you LOVE Adam, I respect that. He is cool. He is talented. As for me, I don't mind the guy-liner. I'm okay with the black nails. And I totally dig his hair. But I just don't love his voice. If I want someone to hit those high notes, Mariah Carey is still alive and well.

Simon, go to counseling. You need to stop trying to control the viewing public. And while you are at it, get over yourself.

3 comments:

C A R L Y said...

Ok. I'm just going to say it. Danny should have been gone before Allison. That's not just opinion...that's musical fact. ;)

missy said...

poor deluded carly.

Katie said...

I have a confession to make; I love Adam Lambert all the way down to his guy liner. :) However, I had my heart set on a Danny/Adam finale and am disappointed that it isn't going to happen.